If you are a new company or challenger brand, how can you compete against the big players in your market?
In this episode of the Manage Your Message Podcast host Jim Karrh welcomes James Richardson, PhD, founder of Premium Growth Solutions and an expert in early-stage consumer packaged-goods brands.
James is the founder of Premium Growth Solutions, and a professionally trained cultural anthropologist turned business strategist. He has helped more than 75 CPG brands with their strategic planning, including brands owned by Coca-Cola Venturing and Emerging Brands, The Hershey Company, General Mills, Kraft Foods, ConAgra Brands, and Frito-Lay—plus emerging brands such as Once Upon a Farm, Mother Kombucha, Bobby Sue’s Nuts, and Rebel Creamery. He also hosts the “Startup Confidential” podcast.
Jim and James discuss growth topics including…
- How big, mature companies use the “push” strategy for new brands—and how that strategy almost never works for startups
- What the “death funnel” is, and why companies with $500K in revenue are most susceptible
- How to build memorability for your growth brand
- Why the “founding story” matters much more to investors than to consumers
- Lessons from the food and beverage world that apply to professionals running businesses in nearly any industry
Learn about Dr. James Richardson and his new book:
Buy “Ramping Your Brand” on Amazon in all formats here: https://amzn.to/2sDSxzb
Founders can find lots of resources to assist their professional development on Dr. Richardson's site, including his Founder's Quiz. The Quiz tests founders' self-awareness of what needs to be in place to grow exponentially. You can find the Quiz plus webinars and online courses here: https://bit.ly/2MZfinX
Learn more about Jim Karrh’s speaking topics and testimonials:
Check out a sample of Jim’s new book, The Science of Customer Connections: Manage Your Message to Grow Your Business:
Follow Jim on Twitter:
Connect with Jim on LinkedIn:
Sign up for the Message Manager Memo weekly email https://jimkarrh.com/
or email firstname.lastname@example.org